Today we met with the Company, discussed proposals, and reiterated our demands required to achieve a fair and just contract. Eliminating two-tier medical plans and two-tier work rules, getting a bridge to Medicare for retirees post expiration, and correcting the wage theft committed by the company for our leverage sales reps are issues the company must resolve. We made it clear that increases to health care costs are not FREE. Yesterday was a Holiday for management and we spent the day mobilizing. We brought Scabby the rat out to support our SEIU 1199NE union sisters and brothers on strike against Sunrise the owner of group homes in 4 locations in CT. Their fight is our fight, and we can count on the unions of the AFL-CIO to come together to help all affiliates as well as all working people. We then traveled to Waterbury to get our message out to the public. Hundreds of vehicles honked in support of us and Congresswoman Jahana Hayes was driving by and stopped to join us for our informational picket.
Remember, WHEN WE FIGHT WE WIN!
-Frontier Bargaining Committee
- Tonya Hodges - Chair - D1 Staff Rep
- Dave Weidlich – Co-Chair President
- Louise Gibson - Secretary-Treasurer
- Katie Montalbano - CM VP
- Chuck Borchert - Plant 1 VP
- Dan Coffin - Plant 2 VP
- Frank Oliva - HQ VP
- Esther Almodovar - CM Business Agent
- Michael Ciscar - Plant 1 Business Agent
- David Voyak - Plant 2 Business Agent
- Diane Vieira – HQ Business Agent