As of 11:59PM on Saturday October 16th, we’re working without a contract
After an overwhelming strike authorization approval by our members, we met with the company yesterday afternoon and up until expiration this evening. We made it clear that the bargaining committee and the members are ready to do whatever is needed to secure a fair agreement. We passed a comprehensive package to the company which would have given us a path to an agreement by midnight.
Unfortunately, the company remains unprepared to come to an agreement. We promptly notified them we would begin working without a contract at midnight which would give us the ability to strike if needed at any moment. The bargaining committee will continue to make ourselves readily available when and if the company decides they are ready to have serious discussions. To be clear we are not on strike, please see the below information regarding our rights while working without a contract.
Because we didn’t reach an agreement with the company by the time the contract expired, we are now working without a contract. However, the current contract provisions are still in effect. There will be no changes to your wages, benefits, or working conditions and negotiations will continue.
As long as we are on the job:
- You will still earn a paycheck, the company cannot change your wages or working conditions.
- All benefits, including health care, and pension, will remain in effect.
- The grievance procedure continues.
- You have the legal right to participate in “concerted activity” including mobilization activities. You can mobilize on the job, wear buttons and stickers, leaflet and do informational picketing.
If our efforts to get a fair agreement that provides for jobs today and for the future are not successful at the bargaining table, we will do whatever is necessary to protect our livelihoods, up to and including a strike!
It’s important that each of us remember to:
- Take no shortcuts
- Follow all company policies and rules
- Obey all safety rules to the letter
Make sure the company knows that we stand together with our bargaining team. We urge everyone to maintain a state of readiness and continue to mobilize until an agreement is reached. Your power is what drives progress at the table. Stay tuned for more info regarding strike locations and schedules.
We have more to do, and we will do it together!
Remember, When We Fight, WE WIN!
-Frontier Bargaining Committee
- Tonya Hodges - Chair - D1 Staff Rep
- Dave Weidlich – Co-Chair President
- Louise Gibson - Secretary-Treasurer
- Katie Montalbano - CM VP
- Chuck Borchert - Plant 1 VP
- Dan Coffin - Plant 2 VP
- Frank Oliva - HQ VP
- Esther Almodovar - CM Business Agent
- Michael Ciscar - Plant 1 Business Agent
- David Voyak - Plant 2 Business Agent
- Diane Vieira – HQ Business Agent